The first general meeting was successfully held on November 26, 2021. Due to the pandemic situation, the project partners came together digitally and presented the results of the UnLimited project so far. Since the start of the project in December 2020, relevant outcomes have already been achieved in the individual work packages. The focus was on:
- Literature research on global lithium production with a focus on hot deep waters
- Selection and investigation of sorbents
- Hydrochemical characterization of the test site Bruchsal
- Development of the lithium extraction unit
- Assessment of the lithium resource in the ORG and its sustainable management
It was a successful event where the project partners were able to have a lively exchange of ideas and coordinate future work steps.